Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sushi is back

Well, I'm a little confused about why these people did what they did, but I think the advice of Andrew, the by-law officer, is good, and that I should just leave it alone.

I spoke with him a few times and the law was clearly on our side because I legally adopted Sushi and he was the one who took care of the adoption. However, as usual with me, I cared less about the legalities and more about what was right. I would make a lousy lawyer. If they had had proof that she was originally theirs, I'd have been in a quandary about what to do, despite the fact that it took them five months to make a claim and we're only a few doors down from them, because she was in such miserable condition when we found her, yet if they had bought her, I'd have felt like I should give her back. Fortunately, it has been taken care of without such complications.

Not quite so sad today.

No comments:

Post a Comment